Better Teachers. Brighter Futures.
Improve College and Career Readiness with Schoolwide Professional Learning
Provide your educators with professional learning in a holistic understanding of the ACT® test. Educators will learn teaching strategies that advance students’ abilities to successfully master the core skills needed for college success.
- Teaching Strategies
These courses provide educators with teaching strategies that can be integrated immediately into regular classroom instruction.
- Holistic, Research-Based Approach
Participants gain a better understanding of the core ACT tests, the research behind them, and what is assessed. A deep understanding enables educators to enhance instruction that can improve students' college readiness, and their post-high school life.
- Professional Development
Certificates are earned by the individual instructors, boosting their knowledge, skills, and confidence; ACT training may be used toward continuing education requirements. Having an ACT certified staff is a positive reflection on the school/district that supports its educators in these endeavors.
- Enhanced ACT Prep Course Instruction
Schools that provide ACT prep classes can better prepare and credential their teachers through the ACT Certified Educator program.
- In-House Test Prep Talent Pool
Schools that currently outsource test prep programs can bring them in-house with significant savings potential.
One-day course and certifications:
- ACT Certified Educator Basics
- ACT Certified Educator Writing
Two-day course and certifications:
- ACT subject-specific courses includes the time provided to complete the assessments. Subject-specific certifications require the ACT Certified Educator Basics credential.
Delivery: Virtual or On-Site when authorized
- ACT Certified Educator Basics - 8 Hours (1 day)
- ACT Certified Educator English - 16 Hours (2 days)*
- ACT Certified Educator Reading - 16 Hours (2 days)*
- ACT Certified Educator Writing - 8 Hours (1 day)*
- ACT Certified Educator Math - 16 Hours (2 days)*
- ACT Certified Educator Science - 16 Hours (2 days)*
*To be eligible for certification, applicants are required to complete the ACT Certified Educator Basics course and pass qualification and certification assessments in the corresponding subject area.