Better Teachers. Brighter Futures.
Improve College and Career Readiness with Schoolwide Professional Learning
Provide your educators with professional learning in a holistic understanding of the ACT® test. Educators will learn teaching strategies that advance students’ abilities to successfully master the core skills needed for college success.
- Teaching Strategies
These courses provide educators with teaching strategies that can be integrated immediately into regular classroom instruction.
- Holistic, Research-Based Approach
Participants gain a better understanding of the core ACT tests, the research behind them, and what is assessed. A deep understanding enables educators to enhance instruction that can improve students' college readiness, and their post-high school life.
- Professional Development
Certificates are earned by the individual instructors, boosting their knowledge, skills, and confidence; ACT training may be used toward continuing education requirements. Having an ACT certified staff is a positive reflection on the school/district that supports its educators in these endeavors.
- Enhanced ACT Prep Course Instruction
Schools that provide ACT prep classes can better prepare and credential their teachers through the ACT Certified Educator program.
- In-House Test Prep Talent Pool
Schools that currently outsource test prep programs can bring them in-house with significant savings potential.
New This Year!
Offer ACT Certified Educator virtually! The ACT Certified Educator virtual offering provides the same high-level instruction in a setting that is conducive to safely working within today's public health guidelines. Allow your staff to stay home, or to utilize your district facility, while offering them the option to improve their professional skills online.
One-day course and certifications:
- ACT Certified Educator Basics
- ACT Certified Educator Writing
Two-day course and certifications:
- ACT subject-specific courses includes the time provided to complete the assessments. Subject-specific certifications require the ACT Certified Educator Basics credential.
Delivery: Virtual or On-Site
- ACT Certified Educator Basics - 8 Hours (1 day)
- ACT Certified Educator English - 16 Hours (2 days)*
- ACT Certified Educator Reading - 16 Hours (2 days)*
- ACT Certified Educator Writing - 8 Hours (1 day)*
- ACT Certified Educator Math - 16 Hours (2 days)*
- ACT Certified Educator Science - 16 Hours (2 days)*
*To be eligible for certification, applicants are required to complete the ACT Certified Educator Basics course and pass qualification and certification assessments in the corresponding subject area.