Tips on Deciding What to do After High School
Find Your Path
It’s never too early to think about your direction in life. Think about what you do well, what you enjoy doing, and how your interests and goals align to the skills needed in a career.
Use these valuable tips to help discover your interests and decide what to do after high school.
1. Take the free ACT Interest Inventory
- The ACT Interest Inventory helps you discover potential college majors and careers that match your interests by asking you to rank your interest related to real-life scenarios.
2. Interview adults in your life about their careers and what they like best about them.
3. Job shadow at a business that sounds interesting to you.
4. Set up regular meetings with your school counselor to learn more about career options.
5. Find a mentor, or person you trust with knowledge and experience, who can help you figure out your career.
6. Volunteer for a local nonprofit group or volunteer organization, especially one that looks interesting to you.
7. Join extracurricular activities such as clubs, sports, music, or more to build leadership skills and grow your network.
Why Test? The Value of the ACT
My Journey On-Demand Session
Check out this video to learn how the ACT is one of the most powerful tools you can leverage as you pursue your college and career journey.
This session will give an in-depth look at the importance of testing in the current admissions landscape and how ACT scores can help win scholarships and secure placement into the college and courses that are right for you.
From the right school to the right major, to the right career - learn how the ACT is the right tool to help you get where your dreams will carry you!