ACT Student Interest Inventory
Still thinking about what to do after high school? Check out the Interest Inventory on MyACT.
Start by exploring your interests, which will help you discover college majors or careers that are a good fit for you.
- Results are presented on the Career or Majors map to suggest occupations and college majors that fit your interests, your self-reported abilities, and/or your values.
- These results can help you explore career options and plan for your future.
- You can complete any or all three of the Inventories.
Login or create a MyACT account to begin exploring.
Explore careers based on your inventories selections!
- Explore from a list of 565 careers
- Search by keyword, career area, income, major, and education level required
- Get full details on training, recommended qualities, salary, and market projections
Search for schools that meet your goals and preferences.
- Search from over 7,400 colleges and universities
- Find schools based on your individual criteria
- Search by major or degree, location and school type, admission difficulty, cost, and size
What's Next? Choose a Pathway to Explore
Once you've narrowed down your interests it's time to explore what each of the pathways involves. Work backwards from your inventory interest results. Once you have a career in mind, which pathways makes the most sense? Does it require a college degree or certification?