ACT Aspire Summative and Periodic testing is available to administer for the 2020-2021 academic year. Talk to an ACT representative about how a flexible implementation model as you navigate COVID or access our FAQs for further answers.
Create a Stronger Start with ACT Aspire
From grades 3 through 10, ACT® Aspire® offers a unique, connected approach to measuring student progress. The system is anchored by the ACT® test for students in grades 11 and 12 and provides empirically based readiness benchmarks at every grade.
ACT Aspire Fast Facts
- Vertically articulated, standards-based system of summative, interim, and classroom assessments
- Aligned to ACT College Readiness Benchmarks and Common Core State Standards
- Anchored by the capstone college readiness assessment, the ACT
- Multiple question types: constructed response, selected response, and technology-enhanced
- Subject areas: English, math, reading, science, and writing for grades 3–10
- Modular administration of subjects and grades available
- Online delivery of assessments with traditional paper-and-pencil option
- Accurately predicts students’ future scores on Aspire Summative and the ACT
- Periodic testing administration offered at home or in classroom
The ACT Aspire Assessment System® is a vertically scaled, standards-based system of assessments that monitors student growth and progress toward college and career readiness.
Administering ACT Aspire
Interim individual student and current progress reports will now have a Predictive Summative Score, giving educators insight into how well a student will do on the Summative assessment.
With both summative and periodic assessments available, ACT Aspire can be administered in a number of ways to meet the needs of your students. Special “bundled” pricing is available when the summative and periodic assessments are purchased together.
|ACT Aspire Periodic||$10.00 per student|
|Summative Online Testing||$25.00 per student|
|Summative Paper Testing||$31.00 per student|
|Summative Options||Printed Individual Student Reports: $1.50
Printed Individual Score Labels: $0.50
|Summative||Order 400-1,000 students: $1.00 off/Student
Order over 1,000 students: $2.00 off/Student
When Summative and Periodic ordered during same school year: $2.00 off/Student (applied to Summative)
Two test windows are available for ACT Aspire Summative testing each year: One window in the fall and one window in the spring. The ACT Aspire Summative assessment is a computer-delivered test. However, it can be delivered via paper-and-pencil testing for an additional fee. The periodic assessments are CBT only.
|Test Session||Agreement Deadline||Testing Window|
|Aspire Periodic 2020-2021||NA||Sept 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021|
|ACT Aspire Summative Spring 2021|
College Readiness Benchmarks
The ACT College Readiness Benchmarks are the minimum ACT test scores required for students to have a reasonable chance of success in first-year credit-bearing college courses at the typical college.
The Forgotten Middle
ACT data show that fewer than two in 10 eighth graders are on target to be ready for college- and career-level work by the time they graduate from high school.