Tools for What’s Next
Career Ready 101 is a comprehensive program with an integrated approach to exploring careers and their skill requirements, as well as building workplace and life skills.
The program includes all KeyTrain® modules and the Soft Skills Suite™, and goes a step further by addressing life and employability skills and tools, such as:
- Establishing career goals
- Learning financial awareness
- Knowing how to search for jobs
- Exploring interest inventories
- Searching job profiles
- Creating a resume
Through the KeyTrain component, the program prepares users for WorkKeys® and the National Career Readiness Certificate™ (NCRC®). With the Soft Skills Suite component, Career Ready 101 also supports building skills relevant to the WorkKeys Talent Assessment.
Career Ready 101 is a powerful way to work toward obtaining the NCRC, and for setting individuals up for career success.
Career Curriculum Course Offerings
The right courses for the right jobs
Career Ready 101 is part of Career Curriculum, which provides a variety of courses for individuals to gain and develop real-world skills to help them stand out to employers and build career pathways.
Effective Tools to Prepare Your Learners
The Career Curriculum Administrator’s Interface tool—included with KeyTrain, the Soft Skills Suite, and Career Ready 101—offers a built-in learning management system that:
- Gives administrators flexible control over course assignments; placement in the curriculum; and group, class, and/ or individually targeted assignments
- Offers extensive reporting capability
- Allows instructors to use the curriculum as a supplement to classroom instruction or as standalone, self-paced instruction in the various courses offered
- Facilitates creating and maintaining rosters of active learners
- Enables mass import of individuals in groups and easy, one-at-a-time account creation to accommodate walk-ins and other short-notice needs
- Provides a proven, competence-based approach taking the learner through a series of topics that build level by level to assure skill development
A comprehensive package
WorkKeys assessments help employers select, hire, train, develop, and retain a high-performance workforce. The assessments measure both foundational and soft skills, and specialized versions are available to suit unique organizational needs.
National Career Readiness Certificate
Nationally certified. Nationally recognized.
Recognized and recommended by employers across the nation, the National Career Readiness Certificate helps individuals demonstrate their mastery of the skills employers deem essential. KeyTrain directly supports preparation for the NCRC.
KeyTrain, Soft Skills Suite, and Career Ready 101 System Requirements
Access Career Curriculum from the browser on any modern computer, tablet, or mobile device. No apps to install. No plug-ins needed.
Examples of what you can use:
- Windows PC (Vista or newer) with a recent version of Internet Explorer (version 9 or newer), Chrome, Firefox, or Opera
- Mac OS X (10.2 or newer) with a recent version of Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Opera
- iPad, iPod, or iPhone (iOS 4 or newer) with Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Opera
- Android tablets and smartphones (version 2.1 or newer)
- Blackberry PlayBook and smartphones (version 10 or newer)
- Microsoft Surface tablets and Windows phones
- Kindle Fire
- Cookies enabled
- 3g/4g/LTE or a Wi-Fi connection is needed if using a mobile device.
- For best results, a high-speed Internet connection (DSL, cable, etc.) is recommended.
- For multi-user sites, the responsiveness of the program depends on the amount of available bandwidth, taking into consideration other traffic that already exists on the connection. As a rule of thumb, a T-1, cable modem, or DSL connection can support up to 30 simultaneous users with the sound turned on and up to 150 with the sound turned off.
- Required for Writing, Listening, Workplace Observation, and Teamwork
- Recommended for Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, Locating Information, and Applied Technology
- To handle imports and exports, you need a spreadsheet viewer such as Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice (administrators and instructors only)
- If running a firewall or other security software, exceptions may need to be added to allow all communication to and from *.keytrain.com and *.careerready101.com.
We're ready with answers
A Better Measure of Skills Gaps
Career Curriculum webinars