Level Three - Workplace Documents
All store employees will now get 20% off the price of clothes they buy here. Please follow the new directions listed below.
Selling clothes to employees
- Ask to see the employee's store identification card.
- Enter the employee's department code number into the cash register.
- Use the cash register to take 20% off the price. Then push the sales tax button.
- Write your initials on the sales receipt.
- Sell clothes to employees during store hours only.
Accepting clothing returns from employees
- Employees receive a store credit certificate for clothes they return to the store.
- Store credit certificates are next to the gift certificates.
- Employees may not get a cash refund for clothes they return to the store.
You are a cashier. According to the notice shown, what should you write on a store employee's receipt?
Why this is a Level 3 item:
- The sentences are simple and direct. Most put the subject first and the verb second.
- There are short paragraphs and short sentences.
- There are direct instructions for simple tasks.
- The vocabulary includes common everyday words.
- Individuals have to pick out a clearly stated detail. They do not need to draw any conclusions.