The First Step Toward Preparing for the ACT Test
PreACT 8/9® is for schools and districts who want to support their 8th and 9th graders with an early practice experience for the ACT test. It also provides an early indicator of college and career readiness that helps educators, students, and parents identify areas of academic strength and opportunity.
Prepare Students for the ACT
PreACT 8/9 simulates the ACT testing experience within a shorter test window on all four ACT test subjects.
Set Your Students Up for Success, Even Earlier
PreACT 8/9 Benefits for Schools and Districts
- Predicts Performance on the ACT. Provides predicted score ranges for both the PreACT and the ACT subject and composite scores.
- Aligned to ACT Readiness Benchmarks. Based on validated ACT Readiness Standards and Benchmarks
- Aligned to the ACT Score Scale
- Robust Reporting Package. View multiple reports including Item Response Summary Report by Grade, Student Report, Educator Reports, and more. Additionally PreACT 8/9, PreACT and the ACT each provide a STEM score.
- Career and Navigation. Provides an Indicator of progress toward the National Career Readiness Certificate that estimates students’ progress toward the ACT® National Career Readiness Certificate® (NCRC®)1. Also provides career suggestions based on student goals and interests based on answers to the Interest Inventory.
- Flexible Administration. Schools and districts choose when to test—not a contract or calendar—within the October–June testing window.
- Quick Implementation. Materials are received quickly to enable an expedited administration.
Determine College and Career Readiness
PreACT 8/9 provides indicators helping students, parents, and educators determine their readiness for college and career success.
Create a Pathway to Success
With predicted performance on PreACT and the ACT, your students can have an earlier indication of success and a starting point to the path of college.
Set students up for success by placing them in the correct level during critical transition points from junior high to high school.
Create a College Going Culture
Start counseling students earlier on their college and career options by utilizing the Student Profile and Interest Inventory.
College and Career Readiness Day
Consider establishing a College and Career Readiness Day—a specific day dedicated to the readiness of your students. Your school can shut down the bells and deliver all assessments on the same day.
Leverage GEAR UP Funding
GEAR UP provides six- and seven-year grants to states and partnerships to provide services at high-poverty middle and high schools. Write PreACT 8/9 into your grant application and leverage this available funding.
Gifted and Talented Identification
Collect information on student performance through an objective and quantifiably measured source.
A comprehensive assessment system for grades 3–10 that provides evidence-based results. Those using ACT Aspire in grades 8–10 have an extensive solution, consideration of PreACT8/9 is not necessary.
1The NCRC is a credential that certifies foundational skills important for job success across a broad range of industries and occupations.