Step 1: Orientation - Learn about test formats and policies; select test dates and provide shipping information; select test staff and set up accounts.
Step 2: Configuration - verify enrollment for test materials.
Step 3: Accommodation - Learn about accessibility supports; request accommodations and/or supports; request qualified exceptions to the deadline.
Step 4: Preparation - Order test materials; complete non-test activities; provide examinees test prep information; prepare your facility, staff, and materials; update examinee information.
Step 5: Administration - Administer the test.
Step 6: Transportation: Return test materials..
Step 7: Interpretation - Access and understand score reports; share reporting information with examinees.
Your Schedule of Events contains all dates and deadlines for your test event. Check it frequently to ensure you're on track for a successful administration.
Spring Test Dates:
- Testing Window: October 4 - November 12, 2021
- Material Ordering Window: September 6 - November 5, 2021
- Answer Document Return Deadline: November 26, 2021
In order to gather information on a student’s progress from the taking of the PreACT to the ACT, KSDE requests that the students include their Student State Identification on the top of the answer document in the field provided. Test Coordinators should notify testing staff of this request.
Learn About Test Formats and Policies
- What's New (document)
- Navigating the PreACT Assessment Knowledge Hub
- PreACT 8/9 Getting Started
- PreACT 8/9 FAQs
Select Test Staff
- Staff Requirements, Roles, and Responsibilities (select the Test Staff section of PreACT 8/9 Administration Manual)
Order Test Materials
September 6, 2021 - October 29, 2021
Tip: Orders are placed through the CCRIS online ordering system. You may access the system through an existing CCRIS account or by creating a new account.
Tip: Select the correct contract (program) from the Choose Program dropdown menu in CCRIS. Selecting the incorrect contract will affect your reporting and invoicing. Also be sure to select the appropriate organization in CCRIS.
Tip: Order your test materials three to four weeks before your test date. This will allow time for delivery and check-in of your test materials and time for your students to complete the examinee information prior to testing.
Tip: Order one PreACT Test Material Package for each student that will test. ACT will include an overage in each order.
Learn about Accessibility Supports
- PreACT 8/9 Accessibility Supports Guide (document)
Arrange for Accommodations and/or English Learner (EL) Supports
- Testing with Accessibility Supports (select the Policies section of PreACT 8/9 Administration Manual)
Tip: Administering PreACT 8/9 with accommodations or English learner supports does not require prior approval from ACT. You will order alternate format test materials or materials for English learners at the same time you order your PreACT Test Material Packages.
Prepare Your Facility, Staff, and Test Materials
- Test Facilities (select the Test Facilities section of PreACT 8/9 Administration Manual)
- Test Staff (select the Test Staff section of PreACT 8/9 Administration Manual)
- Test Materials (select the Test Materials section of PreACT 8/9 Administration Manual)
- Test Administration (select the Test Administration section of PreACT 8/9 Administration Manual)
- PreACT 8/9 Training (During Testing) (video)
- PreACT Implementation Training (webinar)
- PreACT Implementation Training slide deck (webinar slides)
Tip: Hold a training session with all testing staff (new and experienced) before test day. Suggested topics to cover during the training session are in your administration manual.
Complete Non-Test Activities
- Instructions for Completing Your Answer Folder (document) (coming soon)
Tip: When entering name and address on the answer document (blocks B and P-S), be sure examinees:
- Start with the first box and first column in block
- Fill in the appropriate oval for each letter in addition to printing them in the boxes.
- Fill in only one oval per column
Tip: Make sure examinees properly enter the form code into the Test Form block on their answer documents. This is essential to the answer documents being scored properly.
Tip: Plan 60 minutes to complete the examinee information sections prior to administering the subject tests.
Tip: Mark accommodation code on the answer folder for any examinee receiving accommodations.
Administer the Test
Testing Window: October 4 - November 12, 2021
- PreACT 8/9 Administration Manual (document)
- Calculator Policy (document)
- ACT-Authorized Bilingual Word-to-Word Dictionaries List (document)
- PreACT 8/9 Translated Test Directions (document)
Return Test Materials
- Preparing, Packing, and Returning Materials (select the Test Materials section of PreACT 8/9 Administration Manual)
- PreACT 8/9 Returning Materials (training tutorial)
Tip: Test coordinators should verify completeness and accuracy of materials received from room supervisors before returning answer documents to ACT. Check that all Test Administration Forms are filled out and check that the test form code is properly gridded on each answer document.
Tip: Return the answer documents for all testing (standard, accommodations, or make-up) in the same shipment. Do not return unused answer documents (or any other unused PreACT test materials).
Tip: The polymailer envelopes include prepaid FedEx return shipping labels already affixed. You may leave the packed polymailer envelopes in a secure FedEx pick-up area at your site or FedEx drop-off site. Do not leave your packed polymailer envelopes in an unsupervised pick or drop-off site.
Access and Understand Score Reports
See your Score Report Schedule for release dates