Step 1: Orientation - Learn about test formats and policies; select test dates and provide shipping information; select test staff and set up accounts.
Step 2: Configuration - Upload student data records; verify enrollment for test materials; order test materials; complete online site readiness.
Step 3: Accommodation - Learn about accessibility supports; request accommodations and/or supports; request reconsideration or late consideration.
Step 4: Preparation - Complete non-test activities; provide examinees test prep information; prepare your facility, staff, and materials; update examinee information; create online test sessions.
Step 5: Administration - Administer the test.
Step 6: Transportation: Return test materials; purge online testing content.
Step 7: Interpretation - Access and understand score reports; share reporting information with examinees.
Your Schedule of Events contains all dates and deadlines for your test event. Check it frequently to ensure you're on track for a successful administration.
Fall Test Dates:
- Online Testing Window: October 6, 2021 - November 9, 2021
Documents will be replaced as they become available for Fall 2021 testing.
Learn about Test Formats and Policies
- Policies (manual section – select the first result listed after applying search filters) (coming soon)
- WorkKeys Online Administration checklist (coming soon)
- State Testing-ACT WorkKeys - Online Testing -Process Flow/Game Board (interactive resource)
- Explaining ACT WorkKeys (video)
Select Test Staff and Set Up Accounts
- Staff Requirements, Roles,and Responsibilities (manual section – select the first result listed after applying search filters)
- Setting up a Proctor or Site Administrator Account Quick Start Guide (document)
- Roles in Validus (document)
- Test Site Manual Verification Form (webform)
Upload Student Data Records
September 22 - November 9, 2021
- Creating Account and Group Registrations Using Batch Load (document)
- Creating a Group Quick Start Guide (document)
- Deleting an Account (document)
- ACT WorkKeys Groups and Batch Load Training (document)
- On Demand WorkKeys Group and Batch Loading Training (webinar)
- WorkKeys Group and Batch Loading Training slides (document)
Tip: It is recommended to use the “groups” feature when doing a batch load for multiple examinees or for a group of examinees that will test at the same time.
Tip: When creating groups as part of the student data batch load process, limit the number of examinees in each group to 100 or less.
Complete Online Site Readiness
Tip: Be sure to run a TAO System Check. Select Guest Access to start the system check.
Tip: If you want to practice setting up tests and other administration functions, do not use your live testing site. Use the training realm for all practice instances. Call 800.967.5539 if you need help gaining access to the training realm.
Provide Examinees Test Prep Information
- WorkKeys Online Practice Test Instructions (document)
- WorkKeys Practice Test Realms
- ACT WorkKeys Online Practice Realm (If you don't have a username and password, please contact ACT WorkKeys Customer Services)
ACT WorkKeys Curriculum
ACT WorkKeys Curriculum® helps individuals build the essential career-relevant skills needed for learning, personal development, and effective job performance. It’s the only curriculum built from the ground up to align with the ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate (ACT NCRC®) assessments. The courses are delivered via a personalized, mobile-based learning management system. The platform delivers a meaningful learning experience and provides users with a customized study schedule and detailed instructional content. This is an additional offering that the districts & schools are responsible for paying for.
Prepare Your Facility, Staff and Test Materials
- Test Facilities (administration manual section)
- Test Staff (administration manual section)
- Test Materials (administration manual section)
- Test Administration (administration manual section)
- Setting Up a Proctor or Additional Test Coordinator Account (Quick Start Guide) (document)
- Adding an Existing Examinee to a Group (document)
- Creating a Group (document)
- Removing an Examinee from a Group (document)
- Looking up a Password (document)
Tip: Remember to hold a training session with all testing staff before test day. This is required and is separate from the briefing session that happens on test day. Suggested topics to cover during the training session are in your administration manual.
Administer the Test
Standard Time Administration Window: October 6 - November 9, 2021
Accommodations Administration Window: October 6 - November 9, 2021
- ACT WorkKeys Administration Manual - Online Testing (document)
- TAO User Guide (document)
- WorkKeys - Text to Speech Quick Start Guide (document)
- Relaunching an Interrupted Test Session Quick Start Guide (document)
- WorkKeys Testing Irregularity Report (webform)
- Administering a Test to a Single Examinee Quick Start Guide (document)
- Authorizing a Test for a Group of Examinees (document)
- WorkKeys Applied Math Formula Sheet (document)
- Calculator Policy (document)
- ACT-Authorizing Bilingual Word-to-Word Dictionaries List (document)
- Prohibited Device Poster (pdf)
- WorkKeys Training- Launch with TAO (video)
Tip: Remember that examinee computers cannot use Internet Explorer (IE) to deliver the test in TAO. Chrome, Firefox, or Safari may be used.
Tip: Run a TAO System Check and Validation Test on all examinee computers before the test session to ensure they can properly access and deliver the tests. To save time, you may want to run the Validation Test before the TAO System Check because if you are successful in launching a sample mini test, it won’t be necessary for you to run the TAO System Check.
Tip: If you are testing an examinee approved for English learner supports, print a copy of the ACT-Approved Bilingual Word-to-Word Dictionaries List (linked above) to verify at check in that the examinee’s dictionary can be used for testing.
- WorkKeys Testing Irregularity Report (webform)
Tip: Test coordinators should ensure completeness and accuracy of all test day documentation. Keep this documentation on file for one year, but nothing needs to be returned to ACT.
Access and Understand Score Reports
See your Score Report Schedule for release dates
- Online Reports Portal User Guide (document)
- Fall 2021- Score Report Schedule for ACT WorkKeys (updated October 19, 2021)
- Score Reports Available in Online Reports Portal (document)
- ACT WorkKeys Scale Score Interpretation Guide (document)
- Score Level Interpretation - Applied Math
- Score Level Interpretation - Graphic Literacy
- Score Level Interpretation - Workplace Documents
- NCRC Certificate Levels
- Online Reports Portal User Guide Career Readiness Reporting -Training (webinar)
- Understanding the Scores and Using Data (webinar) (coming soon)
- Exporting and Printing National Career Readiness Certificates (training tutorial)
Tip: The test coordinator can log in to Validus and use the Reports Portal to access ACT WorkKeys score reports. The ACT WorkKeys Online Reports Portal User Guide provides instructions for this feature. Score Reports Available in Online Reports Portal provides a list and description of all available reports
Share Reporting Information with Examinees
- How the WorkKeys Assessments Can Work For You (pdf)
- Create a New MyWorkKeys Account (document) - Students need to follow these instructions if they did not receive an email or report with a MyWorkKeys.com username or password.
- Access a Pre-Created (or Existing) My WorkKeys account (document) - Students need to follow these instructions if they receive an email or report with MyWorkKeys.com username and password.
- Occupational Profiling Database
- Using the Occupational Profile Database (video)
Tip: Examinees who earn an ACT WorkKeys NCRC can access test scores as well as view, print, and share their certificate by either creating an account or accessing an existing account at myworkkeys.com.
Tip: Examinees can use the Occupational Profiling Database to search for careers that match their ACT WorkKeys scores.