Step 1: Orientation - Learn about test formats and policies; select test dates and provide shipping information; select test staff and set up accounts.
Step 2: Configuration - verify enrollment for test materials.
Step 3: Accommodation - Learn about accessibility supports; request accommodations and/or supports; request qualified exceptions to the deadline.
Step 4: Preparation - Order test materials; complete non-test activities; provide examinees test prep information; prepare your facility, staff, and materials; update examinee information.
Step 5: Administration - Administer the test.
Step 6: Transportation: Return test materials..
Step 7: Interpretation - Access and understand score reports; share reporting information with examinees.
Your Schedule of Events contains all dates and deadlines for your test event. Check it frequently to ensure you're on track for a successful administration.
- Fall Online Testing Window: September 13, 2021 - November 19, 2021
Documents will be replaced as they become available for Fall 2021 testing.
Learn about Test Formats and Policies
- Policies (manual section – select the first result listed after applying search filters)
- Test Coordinator Checklist (interactive resource)
- WorkKeys Overview
- Explaining ACT WorkKeys (video)
- ACT WorkKeys/NCRC Tips for Educators (document)
Select Test Staff and Set Up Accounts
- Staff Requirements, Roles, and Responsibilities (manual section – select the first result listed after applying search filters)
- Test Site Manual Verification Form (document)
- Setting up a New Staff Account Quick Start Guide (document)
- Roles in Validus (document)
- Change of Contact or Organization Form (webform)
Tip: Complete this form if you would like to update the current contact (District Test Coordinator or Test Coordinator) or organizational information on your account.
- Associating a User to a Second Testing Realm (document)
Tip: Instruction on how to associate a user to a second realm.
- Training Staff Plan (document)
Upload Student Data Records
August 18 - September 30, 2021
- Creating Account and Group Registrations Using Batch Load (document)
- Creating a Group Quick Start Guide (document)
- Adding an Existing Examinee to a Group (document)
- Removing an Examinee from a Group (document)
- Looking up a Password (document)
- Deleting an Account (document)
- Using Account Management for an Examinee (document)
Tip: Account Management is used to reset a disabled account, lock an account, and send a new password to an examinee. The term "account" refers to a person's access to ACT WorkKeys Online.
- Adding Examinees to a Group during Account Creation (document)
Tip: This document contains information used by site administrators to add examinees to an existing group as their accounts are being created for ACT WorkKeys Online testing.
- (coming soon)
Tip: It is recommended to use the “groups” feature when doing a batch load for multiple examinees or for a group of examinees that will test at the same time.
Tip: When creating groups as part of the student data batch load process, limit the number of examinees in each group to 100 or less.
Complete Online Site Readiness
Tip: Be sure to run a TAO System Check. Select Guest Access to start the system check.
Tip: If you want to practice setting up tests and other administration functions, do not use your live testing site. Use the training realm for all practice instances. Call 800.967.5539 if you need help gaining access to the training realm.
Learn about Accessibility Supports
- WorkKeys Accessibility Supports Guide (document)
Arrange for Accommodations and/or English Learner (EL) Supports
- Testing with Accessibility Supports (manual section – select the first result listed after applying search filters)
Tip: Review the new Accessibility Support Guide if you have questions about the accommodations and supports available for ACT WorkKeys.
Provide Examinees Test Prep Information
- WorkKeys Online Practice Test Instructions (document)
Prepare Your Facility, Staff and Test Materials
- Test Facilities (manual section – select the first listed after applying search filters)
- Test Staff (manual section – select the first listed after applying search filters)
- Test Materials (manual section – select the first listed after applying search filters)
- Test Administration (manual section – select the first listed after applying search filters)
- WorkKeys Test Administration Training slides (document)
Tip: Remember to hold a training session with all testing staff before test day. This is required and is separate from the briefing session that happens on test day. Suggested topics to cover during the training session are in your administration manual.
Tip: After training, be sure to have staff fill out the Test Site Manual Verification Form. This form is required for all staff and must be completed before testing.
Administer the Test
Standard Time Administration Window: September 13 - November 19, 2021
Accommodations Administration Window: September 13 - November 19, 2021
- ACT WorkKeys Administration Manual - Online Testing (document)
- TAO User Guide (document)
- WorkKeys Fall Administration Supplement (document)
- WorkKeys - Text to Speech Quick Start Guide (document)
- Relaunching an Interrupted Test Session Quick Start Guide (document)
- WorkKeys Testing Irregularity Report (webform)
- Administering a Test to a Single Examinee Quick Start Guide (document)
- Authorizing a Test for a Group of Examinees (document)
Tip: Instruction on how to authorize a test for an entire group of examinees at once.
- Exporting Examinee Account Information (document)
Tip: Instruction on how to export a report of examinee account information (User IDs/passwords).
- Registering a Group for One or More Tests (document)
Tip: Typically, an examinee User ID and Password is created then tests and financial profiles are added one examinee at a time. However, it is also possible to register a group for tests and set the financial profiles for each test once for the entire group.
- WorkKeys Testing Irregularity Report (webform)
- Calculator Policy (document)
- WorkKeys Applied Math Formula Sheet (document)
- WorkKeys Applied Math Formula Sheet - Spanish (document)
- ACT-Authorized Bilingual Word-to-Word Dictionaries List (document)
- No Phone Poster (document)
Tip: Remember that examinee computers cannot use Internet Explorer (IE) to deliver the test in TAO. Chrome, Firefox, or Safari may be used.
Tip: Run a TAO System Check and Validation Test on all examinee computers before the test session to ensure they can properly access and deliver the tests. To save time, you may want to run the Validation Test before the TAO System Check because if you are successful in launching a sample mini test, it won’t be necessary for you to run the TAO System Check.
Tip: If you are testing an examinee approved for English learner supports, print a copy of the ACT-Approved Bilingual Word-to-Word Dictionaries List (linked above) to verify at check in that the examinee’s dictionary can be used for testing.
WorkKeys Testing Irregularity Report (webform)
Tip: Test coordinators should ensure completeness and accuracy of all test day documentation. Keep this documentation on file for one year, but nothing needs to be returned to ACT.
Access and Understand Score Reports
See your Score Report Schedule for release dates
- Fall 2021 - Score Report Schedule for ACT WorkKeys
- Online Reports Portal User Guide (document)
- Score Reports Available in Online Reports Portal (document)
- ACT WorkKeys Scale Score Interpretation Guide (document)
- Score Level Interpretation - Applied Math
- Score Level Interpretation - Graphic Literacy
- Score Level Interpretation - Workplace Documents
- NCRC Certificate Levels
- Online Reports Portal User Guide Career Readiness Reporting -Training (webinar)
- Understanding the Scores and Using Data (webinar) (coming soon)
- Exporting and Printing National Career Readiness Certificates (training tutorial)
Tip: The test coordinator can log in to Validus and use the Reports Portal to access ACT WorkKeys score reports. The ACT WorkKeys Online Reports Portal User Guide provides instructions for this feature. Score Reports Available in Online Reports Portal provides a list and description of all available reports
Share Information with Examinees
- How the WorkKeys Assessments Can Work For You (document)
- How to Use Your WorkKeys Results (document)
- Create a New MyWorkKeys Account (document) - Students need to follow these instructions if they did not receive an email or report with a MyWorkKeys.com username or password.
- Access a Pre-Created (or Existing) My WorkKeys account (document) - Students need to follow these instructions if they receive an email or report with MyWorkKeys.com username and password.
- Occupational Profiling Database
- Using the Occupational Profile Database (video)
- Using the Occupational Profile Database (document)
- Examinee Records Modification Request Form (document)
Tip: Complete this form if your score report contain incorrect demographic information and you are requesting an update to your record.
Tip: Examinees who achieve a minimum score of three (3) or higher on each subject test may be eligible to receive an ACT® WorkKeys® NCRC®.
Tip: Examinees who earn an ACT WorkKeys NCRC can access test scores as well as view, print, and share their certificate by either creating an account or accessing an existing account at myworkkeys.com.