About the Curriculum
Provide your community with the ACT® WorkKeys® advantage.
ACT has been working to understand and improve college and career readiness for more than 50 years. The ACT WorkKeys Curriculum is a proven tool for helping individuals acquire skills critical to workplace success.
The Curriculum is easy to implement. It can be accessed from any computer, tablet, or mobile device with a browser that supports HTML5. No apps to install. No plugins necessary. It’s that simple.
Also, an ACT WorkKeys Curriculum site license for your institution provides you with unlimited access to the curriculum. That means that as you serve morepeople, your per person cost actually decreases.
ACT WorkKeys Curriculum
ACT WorkKeys Curriculum helps individuals build the essential career-relevant skills needed for learning, personal development and effective job performance. It’s the only curriculum built from the ground up to align with the WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate® assessments.
The courses are delivered via a personalized, mobile-based learning management system. The platform delivers a meaningful learning experience and provides users with a customized study schedule and detailed instructional content.
Discover the benefits:
- Efficient for teachers and students
- Addresses individual learning styles
- Systematic learning
- Applied Math: Builds the ability to apply mathematic principles to problems encountered in the workplace
- Graphic Literacy: Builds the ability to find, analyze and apply information presented in workplace graphics
- Workplace Documents: Builds the ability to understand and apply written information presented in the workplace
- ACT WorkKeys Curriculum Administration User Guide (PDF)
- ACT WorkKeys Curriculum Release Notes–February 2019 (PDF)
KeyTrain® helps individuals - from students to longtime employees - master the skills essential to success in the workplace. As a complete interactive training system, the courses:
- Help users reach foundational career readiness
- Enhance users’ cognitive skills
- Offer introductory models based on the National Career Clusters Framework
- Provide the management and support needed to keep your program running smoothly
Available Keytrain Courses
- Applied Mathematics
- Locating Information
- Reading for Information
- Applied Technology–Electricity
- Applied Technology–Mechanics
- Applied technology–Thermodynamics
- Applied Technology–Fluids
- Business Writing
- Listening for Understanding
- Workplace Observation
Career Ready 101
Career Ready 101 is a comprehensive program with an integrated approach to exploring careers and their skill requirements, as well as building workplace and life skills. The program includes all KeyTrain® modules listed and goes a step further by addressing life and employability skills and tools, such as:
- Establishing career goals
- Learning financial awareness
- Knowing how to search for jobs
- Exploring interest inventories
- Searching job profiles
- Creating a resume
- Soft skills training including customer service, interpersonal and business communications, working in teams, problem-solving and critical thinking