ACT Ready for Work
Work Ready Communities from ACT help regions align their resources and leadership for a competitive workforce that meets employer needs and generates regional prosperity. Today on Ready for Work, we’re covering the journey to become a Work Ready Community.
In this episode, you’ll hear from the voices of local and state leaders on behalf of Work Ready Communities, including Angie White of Louisiana, Gov. Asa Hutchison of Arkansas, Will Coppage from Mississippi, and Nate Kubicek of Crossland Construction in Kansas.
You’ll also hear from ACT’s Work Ready team on how to build and train the leaders to execute strategies, how goals are set for certification, how ACT helps regions engage their employers for success, data and information leveraging, recertification, alumni resources, and more.
Also in this episode:
- The ingredients that make a Work Ready Community successful
- How high-quality workforce initiatives help employers meet skill demands
- How to engage counties and employers in these initiatives
- How good data leads to workforce goal attainment
- How Work Ready Community alumni power the group as a whole
- Why more than 80% of Work Ready Communities improve business retention and expansion, even among startups