Colleges, universities, and scholarship agencies that order records through the ACT EOS service now have access to predictive modeling data at no extra charge.
The modeling data predicts four enrollment behaviors:
- How likely a student is to enroll out of state (Mobility Index)
- How likely a student is to enroll at a private college or university (Institution Type Index)
- The selectivity of the institution at which a student is most likely to enroll (Selectivity Index)
- The size of the institution at which a student is most likely to enroll (Institution Size Index)
The data is not available for Plan EOS.
Benefits of Using Predictive Modeling Data
Predictive modeling gives you information that allows you to more precisely segment and target students you recruit—which can save valuable time and money.
The predictive modeling data appended to each record allows you to determine if students want your type of institution or its location. This information can help you make strategic decisions about which students to contact with print material or email, and how to message those students you contact.
For example, imagine that your institution is a large, public university of medium selectivity. The students most likely to enroll at your institution would have a:
- Lower score on the Institution Type Index (indicating they are more likely to enroll at a public institution)
- Higher score on the Institution Size Index
- Medium score on the Selectivity Index
Further, in-state students would have a lower score on the Mobility Index (indicating they were not likely to enroll out of state).
In contrast, in-state students who aren't looking at your type of institution may have a:
- High score on the Mobility Index
- High score on the Institution Type Index
- High score on the Selectivity Index
- Low score on the Institution Size Index
Putting Predictive Modeling to Use
Talk with your enrollment consultant or student search consultant. If your institution uses outside consultants for general enrollment strategies or student search strategies, you will want to discuss uses of ACT EOS predictive modeling data with them.