Technical Manuals and Bulletins
Technical manuals and bulletins provide detailed information about test development, scaling, norming, equating, and validity evidence for the products listed below.
- The ACT Technical Manual (PDF)
- The ACT Interest Inventory Technical Manual (PDF)
- The PreACT Technical Manual (PDF)
- The PreACT 8/9 Technical Bulletin (PDF)
- ACT Aspire Periodic Technical Manual (PDF)
- ACT Aspire Summative Technical Manual (PDF)
- ACT WorkKeys Technical Manual - Applied Math (PDF)
- ACT WorkKeys Technical Manual - Graphic Literacy (PDF)
- ACT WorkKeys Technical Manual - Workplace Documents (PDF)
- Mosaic by ACT: Social Emotional Learning Assessment (PDF)
These reports describe the extensive fairness reviews ACT tests undergo before they are administered. The reports also describe the statistical analyses for bias (DIF) the test results undergo and present the results of those analyses for the test year reported on. The DIF analyses show, without exception, that the number of items showing DIF is lower than would be expected by chance alone. The reviews and analyses documented in the reports strongly support the position that the tests are fair.