Technical Manuals and Bulletins
Technical manuals and bulletins provide detailed information about test development, scaling, norming, equating, and validity evidence for the products listed below.
- The ACT Technical Manual (PDF) (156 pages)
- The ACT Writing Test Technical Report (PDF) (25 pages)
- The ACT Interest Inventory Technical Manual (PDF) (68 pages)
- The PreACT Technical Manual (136 pages)
- ACT Aspire Periodic Technical Manual (PDF) (112 pages)
- ACT Aspire Summative Technical Manual (PDF) (564 pages)
- ACT WorkKeys Technical Manual - Applied Math (PDF) (144 pages)
- ACT WorkKeys Technical Manual - Graphic Literacy (PDF) (156 pages)
- ACT WorkKeys Technical Manual - Workplace Documents (PDF) (140 pages)
- ACT Tessera Technical Bulletin (PDF) (57 pages)
These reports describe the extensive fairness reviews ACT tests undergo before they are administered. The reports also describe the statistical analyses for bias (DIF) the test results undergo and present the results of those analyses for the test year reported on. The DIF analyses show, without exception, that the number of items showing DIF is lower than would be expected by chance alone. The reviews and analyses documented in the reports strongly support the position that the tests are fair.