Make Your Students Unstoppable with ACT CollegeReady
ACT® CollegeReady™ is a student success tool that identifies knowledge and skill gaps in math and English and creates a personalized learning path that empowers students to address their individual academic needs.
Coming Spring 2018
Sign Up to Receive More Information About CollegeReady
Nearly half of all incoming students
are not ready for college-level
coursework in math or English.
Most of these students will not graduate.
Isn’t it time to rethink the traditional approach to placement and remediation?
Benefits for Learners
- Increased preparedness: Learners have an easy-to-use online platform to guide their preparation for success in college-level math and English.
- Accelerated learning: Learners gain access to a personalized study path, enabling them to accelerate their progress by focusing on their areas for development.
- Cost savings: Learners can avoid—or dramatically reduce—the need for traditional remediation through non-credit developmental courses, saving time and money.
- Expanded knowledge base: Learners can choose to utilize CollegeReady as a resource and learning aid throughout their educational journey.
- Student-centered: Learners receive real-time feedback about what they already know, what they need to review, and what they need to learn to become college-ready. This feedback is particularly helpful for adult learners, who are juggling multiple priorities and need to maximize their study time.
Benefits for Institutions
- Engagement with students: Institutions engage early with learners by providing them access to CollegeReady so they can prepare prior to registration.
- Reporting dashboards: Administrators and educators gain access to detailed student reporting dashboards that reveal an individual student’s needs.
- Improved placement outcomes: Colleges can improve placement outcomes and positively impact retention rates given improved levels of student preparation.
- Unlimited access: In addition to preparing students for credit-level coursework prior to registration, CollegeReady can be used as a resource by both students and educators during the one-year subscription period.
- As your primary student readiness and placement solution—to help learners prepare for college and potentially avoid costly and time-consuming developmental education.
- To help learners improve their placement.
- As an outreach tool, to support readiness.
- As part of summer “boot camps” for new students.
- As an ongoing student support tool.
How CollegeReady Works
Assessment - Incoming students take an initial knowledge inventory through the platform that tells them—and your institution—if they are ready for college-level math and English.
Placement - Learners who receive a high score can be placed directly into college-level coursework.
Development - Those who need to improve their readiness use CollegeReady to help them achieve that goal prior to registration by utilizing the personalized learning path CollegeReady creates for them.
Reporting - Institutions receive actionable data with real-time information on student progress.
Continued Improvement - CollegeReady can continue to support students’ skill improvement throughout college, while providing educators valuable insights on student progress.
ACT CollegeReady: A Better Solution for Student Success
|High-stakes placement exams||Low-stakes inventory plus personalized study path|
|One-time assessment||Unlimited use of improvement and evaluation tools to develope knowledge and skills|
|Focus on placement||Emphasis shifted to readiness, improvement, retention, and completion|
|For learners: an additional "gate" or barrier to higher education||For learners: a tool to help assess status, bridge gaps, increase college readiness, and achieve success. For adult learners: an efficient way to learn and progress using real-time feedback|
|For institutions: a test to determine prospective students' needs for development/remediation||For institutions: a solution that reduces the percentage of students requiring remediation from the start|