About ACT Engage
ACT Engage is here to help
Based on our decades of research in secondary and postsecondary college readiness, we have developed ACT Engage® to measure student behaviors and attributes that are often overlooked in student performance.
We can now predict—with a remarkable degree of accuracy—which students are more likely to struggle with academic achievement, timely graduation, and college admission. ACT Engage is able to identify students who are at risk of poor grades and dropout, beyond measures of academic performance alone.
ACT Engage offers a powerful, affordable way for you to increase student success without the pressure of high-stakes testing. In just 30 minutes, students answer simple questions about themselves online and you receive reports immediately so you can begin to assist those who are at risk.
The assessments are easy to administer and require minimal time and financial resources. There is no proctoring and schools pay only for completed surveys—test materials are free.
Available for students in middle school through high school and into college, ACT Engage gives you important information about a student’s motivation, social engagement, and self-regulation.
ACT Engage helps you:
- Identify students with personal challenges that go unreported in standardized academic tests
- Improve graduation rates and directly reach students whose personal challenges may hinder academic success
- Evaluate a student’s self-reported psychosocial attributes
- Define a student’s levels of academic risk
- Use suggested interventions to help students improve academic achievement
We offer ACT Engage assessments for students at three levels, plus an additional assessment for teachers:
- ACT Engage Grades 6–9
- ACT Engage Grades 10–12
- ACT Engage College
- ACT Engage Teacher Edition
Early fall is the best
Schools can administer ACT Engage® any time, but ACT recommends using ACT Engage as early as possible in the fall; this will give you time to use results and intervene with students during the school year.
See ACT Engage in action
Take a look at the various ways that ACT Engage has impacted the success of students at these insitutions of learning.
- ENVISION EXPERIENCE [ PDF | 289.7KB | 4PGs ]
- REGION ONE EDUCATION SERVICE CENTER GEAR UP [ PDF | 170.1KB | 2PGs ]
- MCPHERSON (KANSAS) UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT [ PDF | 61.4KB | 2PGs ]
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS [ PDF | 350.6KB | 2PGs ]
- CROWN POINT [ PDF | 60.9KB | 2PGs ]
- UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA ROCHESTER [ PDF | 362KB | 4PGs ]
Learn and grow
Planning for future success
We're ready with answers