National Curriculum Survey
Nationwide survey of educational practices and expectations
Conducted every three to five years by ACT, the survey collects data about what entering college students should know and be able to do to be ready for college-level coursework in English, math, reading, and science.
- The results of the survey are used to inform ongoing efforts to develop, refine, and update common academic standards such as the Common Core State Standards, as well as to inform policymakers and educators.
- The results are also used to help guide development of ACT’s curriculum-based assessments—ACT Aspire™ and the ACT® test—and ensure that they meet the needs of college and career readiness.
2020 National Curriculum Survey
- View Full Report (PDF; 82 pages)
2012 National Curriculum Survey
- Policy Summary (PDF; 18 pages)
- Science (PDF; 20 pages)
- English Language Arts (PDF; 16 pages)
- Mathematics (PDF; 24 pages)