The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
The National Career Readiness Certificate
Hire the best applicants.
The ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate (ACT WorkKeys NCRC®) is an assessment-based credential issued at four levels. The NCRC measures and certifies the essential work skills needed for success in jobs across industries and occupations.
When you require or recommend the ACT WorkKeys NCRC from your applicants, you'll tap into the most qualified labor pool in your area.
The credential is awarded in four levels and verifies skills proficiency in:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Reading and using work-related text
- Applying information from workplace documents to solve problems
- Applying mathematical reasoning to work-related problems
- Setting up and performing work-related mathematical calculations
- Locating, synthesizing, and applying information that is presented graphically
- Comparing, summarizing, and analyzing information presented in multiple related graphics
Case studies and Research show that employers benefit from understanding and using the ACT WorkKeys NCRC. Benefits include:
- Better quality hire
- Reduced turnover
- Reduction in time to hire
- Shortened training periods
- Increased performance ratings for skilled workers
- Improved employee morale
- Decreased operator error
- Improving promotional procedures
The certificate is awarded in both English and Spanish.
Learn more about WorkKeys scores for occupations (based on aggregate job profiles) through the Occupational Profile Database.
What does the ACT WorkKeys NCRC tell employers?
Currently there are over 4 million individuals that hold an ACT WorkKeys NCRC, and that number increases every day. One of your job applicants may present you with their NCRC as a part of their application process.
Here are some key things you want to know about our credential:
- On the front of the certificate you will see the level earned and a 9 digit registration number. If the individual has made their certificate publically available, you can verify the certificate by entering the registration number.
- On the back of the certificate you will find the actual WorkKeys assessment scores earned and the skills verified for each of the assessments completed.
- Since the levels build upon each other, you can see the full list of skills verified at each level.
- The ACT WorkKeys NCRC is backed by ACT and validated by ACT research.
A National Career Readiness Certificate is earned by completing the three WorkKeys Assessments
- Applied Math
- Workplace Documents
- Graphic Literacy
Also available in Spanish:
- Evaluación de Matemáticas Aplicadas
- Evaluación de Localización de Información
- Evaluación de Comprensión de Lectura
Examinees that complete the Spanish-language versions of the assessments are eligible for an ACT National Career Readiness Certificate en Español.
Verify a Certificate