Research + Results = Career Readiness
Developed with the same knowledge and research expertise responsible for the ACT® test, WorkKeys® assessments and training help lead individuals and businesses to success. Our solutions are helping strengthen job readiness and skills development for more than 10 million businesses, government agencies, professional associations, education institutions, and individuals in the United States and internationally.
What is the WorkKeys suite?
WorkKeys is a system of assessments, curriculum and skills profiling that determine, build, and measure essential workplace skills that can affect your job performance and increase opportunities for career changes and advancement.
What We Test - And Why
ACT® WorkKeys® assessments are based on situations in the everyday working world. They are supported by data from more than 20,000 job skills profiles and rooted in decades of workplace research. The assessments measure “hard” and “soft” skills, helping:
- Individuals, from career seekers to longtime employees, measure their skills and advance their career goals
- Educators, from high school through college, ensure their students are ready for career success
- Employers find, hire, and develop quality talent
- Workforce and economic developers prepare their workforce to attract and maintain business and industry
- Industry associations and advocacy organizations develop valuable skills credentialing systems for a more productive, reliable, and profitable workforce
Most tests are web-based and take one hour. Scores are easily verified online.
WorkKeys and the National Career Readiness Certificate
Developed by the experts at ACT
Individuals are entering the workforce without the skills employers need. ACT WorkKeys assessments is a first step toward closing skills gaps and improving workforce quality.
WorkKeys is a skills assessment system that helps employers select, hire, train, develop, and retain a quality workforce. To earn the National Career Readiness Certificate™ (NCRC®), candidates must successfully complete WorkKeys assessments in Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents.
Job profiles identify the skill levels required for an occupation across jobs, companies, or industries. Job profiles can be used to set instructional standards and develop curricula designed to help students meet the skill requirements for occupations.
ACT WorkKeys Curriculum
Help individuals improve the skills essential to workplace success.
ACT WorkKeys Curriculum® is anchored by decades of research describing the impact of foundational skills and behaviors on job performance across the United States. It’s a proven tool for helping individuals acquire skills critical to workplace success.
What’s New with ACT WorkKeys?
We’re excited about the updates to ACT WorkKeys products!
- Updated content to better reflect today’s job needs
- Updated platform for increased stability and better user experience
- Aligned curriculum to better support skill development
How job skills help communities
Career readiness credentials are creating a buzz in education and workforce development because they arm students and job seekers with proof of their real-world skills.
But job seekers aren’t the only group helped by these credentials. They help businesses stay competitive and help communities attract employers.
Learn more about how communities are benefiting from certifying job skills.