Counselor and Educator Resource Materials
The ACT Test Resources
Help Your Students Prepare for the ACT Test
Find information below on registration, preparing for test day, and using test results. All documents can be downloaded, printed, or shared via email and newsletters. Those with (*) are wonderful resources to share with your students.
Additional resources are available on the Counselor Toolkit.
You can order paper materials through our account based ordering platform.
- Online Registration Flyer (PDF)
- Why Take the ACT? – Counselor Version (PDF) Outlines features and benefits of the ACT
- Why Take the ACT? – Student Version* (PDF) Directed toward students, this flyer outlines features and benefits of the ACT.
- The ACT User Handbook for Educators (PDF) An overview of the ACT, preparing for the assessment, reports and services and uses of ACT Data.
- 2018–2019 National Test Dates (PDF) List of test dates within the U.S., U.S. territories, and Puerto Rico
- 2018–2019 International Test Dates (PDF) List of test dates outside the U.S., U.S. territories, and Puerto Rico.
The Condition of College and Career Readiness
Research Publication 2017
The number of ACT test takers continues to grow and be more diverse each year. In 2017, 60 percent of the US graduating class took the ACT. This report offers our annual look at college and career readiness.
Download a copy of The Condition of College and Career Readiness Report (PDF).
- Online Registration Flyer (PDF)
- Prebilled Registration Voucher for School Officials (PDF) Procedures for school-paid online registrations for national test dates.
- Fee Waiver Eligibility Requirements and Procedures (PDF) Requirements and procedures for fee waivers for national test dates.
- Test Coordinator/School Official FAQs for the ACT Test Accommodations (PDF)
- Parent/Student FAQs for the ACT Test Accommodations (PDF)
- Request for Arranged Testing (PDF)
Preparing for Test Day
- ACT Sample Test Booklet Order Form (PDF) Order practice multiple-choice tests and practice writing test booklets
- 8 Tools to Help You Prepare for the ACT (PDF)
- Alternate Format Practice Test Order Form (PDF)
- ACT® Test Translated Directions for English Learners (PDF)
ACT Online Prep
There is a lot of information provided in the ACT score report. The links below provide useful information to gain a deeper understanding of data to help students use their ACT score report to focus on their next steps and plan for their future after high school.
- ACT Interest Inventory and World of Work Map (PDF) See the connections between the work world and the common, everyday things students like to do.
- Using Your ACT Results 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Using Your ACT Results 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Using Your ACT Results 2016–2017 (PDF)
- Using Your ACT Results (Spanish) 2018-2019 (PDF)
- Using Your ACT Results (Spanish) 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Using Your ACT Results (Spanish) 2016–2017 (PDF)
- Enhancements to ACT Test Reporting 2016–2017 (PDF)
- Request for Waiver or Deferral of College Admission Application Fee (PDF)
- ACT Technical Manual (PDF, 142 pages) -This manual contains technical information about the ACT test. The principal purpose is to document the technical characteristics of the ACT in light of its intended purposes.
- ACT Technical Manual Supplement (PDF, 46 pages)
- ACT Code Numbers for Colleges and Scholarship Agencies (PDF, 16 pages)
Sample Score Reports
- ACT Student Score Report 2018-2019 (PDF)
- ACT High School Score Report 2018-2019 (PDF)
- ACT College Score Report 2018-2019 (PDF)
- ACT Student Score Report 2017–2018 (PDF)
- ACT High School Score Report 2017–2018 (PDF)
- ACT College Score Report 2017–2018 (PDF)
- ACT Student Score Report 2016–2017 (PDF)
- ACT High School Score Report 2016–2017 (PDF)
- ACT College Score Report 2016–2017 (PDF)