An actual ACT English Test contains 75 questions to be answered in 45 minutes.
- Be aware of the writing style used in each passage.
- Consider the elements of writing that are included in each underlined portion of the passage. Some questions will ask you to base your decision on some specific element of writing, such as the tone or emphasis the text should convey.
- Be aware of questions with no underlined portions—that means you will be asked about a section of the passage or about the passage as a whole.
- Examine each answer choice and determine how it differs from the others. Many of the questions in the test will involve more than one aspect of writing.
- Determine the best answer. Read and consider all of the answer choices before you choose the one that best responds to the question.
- Reread the sentence, using your selected answer.
Click on letter choices below to view the correct answer and explanations.