ACT Test Scores
ACT Superscoring is Now Available!
ACT will now provide an automatically calculated ACT Superscore to all students who have taken the ACT more than once from September 2016 to current day. Log in to MyACT to view and send scores.
Sending Your Scores
We get it—things change. While we still automatically send your scores from the ACT test to the places you requested when you registered, something may have changed since then. Maybe you’ve got your eye on a new college, have a chance at an unexpected scholarship, or accidentally left off the university you toured last semester.
No need to worry.
You can have your ACT scores sent to other colleges and scholarship agencies, even after you test. Requests are processed after your tests have been scored and all scores for your test option—the ACT or the ACT with writing—are ready.
Create or sign in to your MyACT account and request to send reports from your scores dashboard, and pay by credit card.
You can choose to send either reports from a single test event, or you can send your superscore, which will send the best individual scoresfrom each test event. In order to send a superscore you must have scores from at least two test events.
*Scores from September 2011 through current testing are available to order. Scores prior to September 2011 are not currently available for order due to enhancements in MyACT. Check back for progress on these enhancements.
Your superscore is made up from your best individual scores to create the best overall composite score. When institutions receive your superscore they not only receive those scores, but also scores from your highest test event, as well as the events that make up that overall superscore composite.
Scores from a Test Event
Want to make sure a college has a specific score? You can still send scores from a specific test event.
Tested after 9/1/2018 - $15.00 per test date per report
Superscore - $15.00 per test date per report
Tested before 9/1/2018 - $15.00 per report per report + $26.00 Archive per test date
Keep in mind
- Once submitted, your request cannot be changed or canceled.
- If you tested before September 1, 2018, those scores have been archived. Archived reports cost $26 more per report and may take an a few business days to process. This additional, nonrefundable fee covers the cost of searching for archived scores, even if no scores are located.
Tips for Sending Your Scores
- Use valid ACT codes only. The College Code List and the Congressional Code List are available online to provide you with the most updated information.
- Reports you request will include the ACT ID currently on your record. You can request a correction to the identifying information on records for test dates after September 1, 2018.
- If you tested more than once in the same month, be sure to specify the test location you want reported (for example, National or State).
- We can send your report only to the office designated by the college or agency, not to any other individual or office.
- Only scores from September 2016 onward are eligible to be part of a superscore.
- If the scores are the same (eg. your highest subject level mathematics scores across multiple tests are equal) then the most recent will be chosen for sending your superscore.
- ACT does not compare your reporting categories when selecting the best score. If you want to send a specific score and it’s associated reporting category, you’ll want to send a report from an individual test event.