Sending Your Scores
We get it—things change. While we still automatically send your scores from the ACT test to the places you requested when you registered, something may have changed since then. Maybe you’ve got your eye on a new college, have a chance at an unexpected scholarship, or accidentally left off the university you toured last semester.
No need to worry.
You can have your ACT scores sent to other colleges and scholarship agencies, even after you test. Requests are processed after your tests have been scored and all scores for your test option—the ACT or the ACT with writing—are ready.
- Online request—create or sign in to your ACT Web account. You must pay by valid credit card.
- Order by phone at 319.337.1313.
- OR Send a letter of request to:
- ACT Customer Care — Score Reports
- PO Box 451
- Iowa City, IA 52243-0451
Your letter must include all of the following information:
- current full name
- full name at the time you registered or tested (if different)
- current mailing address
- address at the time you registered or tested (if different)
- ACT ID from your score report
- date of birth
- home phone number
- the test date (month and year) for which you want scores reported, include test location if you tested more than once in the same month
- the valid codes and names (with city and state) for the colleges and scholarship agencies to which you want ACT to report your scores
Be sure to specify the type of report (regular or priority) you wish sent to each institution and include a check or money order payable to ACT for the total fee.
Cost and Delivery Options
When ordering online or by mail, you can choose between a regular report and a priority report. Phone requests are only available as priority reports.
Priority reports can only be sent within the United States. This service is available for anyone who has tested after October 1, 1966. However, this service is not available for Residual Testing administered by colleges.
Processed within one week after your request is received, ACT delivers regular reports to colleges and agencies you've selected depending on their preferred schedule—at least every two weeks.
Fees for Regular Report
(effective through 8/31/2018)
Tested after 9/1/2015 - $13.00 per test date per report
Tested before 9/1/2015 - $37.00 per test date per report (includes a nonrefundable $24.00 archived scores fee)
Priority reports can only be sent within the United States. Processed within two working days after your request, priority reports are usually delivered three to four business days later.
Fees for Priority Report
(effective through 8/31/2018)
Tested after 9/1/2015 - $16.50 per test date per report
Tested before 9/1/2015 - $40.50 per test date per report (includes a nonrefundable $24.00 archived scores fee)
Keep in mind
- Once submitted, by any method, your request cannot be changed or canceled.
- Priority reports can be sent only within the US and include only your identifying information and scores, but not career planning and educational background information.
- As a standard follow-up, colleges and agencies that receive your priority report will also receive your complete report when ACT sends additional student reports—at least every two weeks. Colleges that receive reports only electronically might not review priority reports.
- If you tested before September 1, 2015, those scores have been archived. Archived reports cost $24 more per report and take an additional working day to process. This additional, nonrefundable fee covers the cost of searching for archived scores, even if no scores are located.
As soon as your scores become available, you may order additional priority reports (no regular reports) by phone. You will need a valid credit card and there is an additional $15.00 phone service fee. This is on top of the priority report fee. Please note: priority reports can only be sent within the United States.
To order, call 319.337.1313.
Before calling, complete our phone order worksheet to round up the information you’re expected to provide when you call. This includes your valid credit card with expiration date so we can process your payment.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Your tests will NOT be scored faster by requesting a priority report.
- To keep your scores confidential, they will not be given to anyone by phone, email, chat, or fax.
- If all of the scores for your test option—the ACT or the ACT with writing—have been added to our files, you can request up to eight priority reports per day (no regular reports) when you order by phone.
- Once you've made your request, it cannot be canceled or changed.
You may also create or access your ACT web account to request score reports online.
Telephone ordering tips
- Call 319.337.1313 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., central time, Monday–Friday.
- Avoid calling Monday between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., central time—this is the busiest time.
When you call ACT, you will need to provide the following identifying information:
- ACT ID
- Current name
- Current mailing address
- City, state/territory/province, and ZIP/postal code
- Home phone number (include area code)
- Your full name at the time you registered or tested (unless you have since corrected your ACT test record)
- Your address, including city, state/territory/province, and ZIP/postal code, at the time you registered or tested
- Your date of birth (month, day, year)
For each score report you are requesting, you will also need to provide:
- The test date (month and year) for which you would like scores reported
- Test Location (e.g., National, State, International, School)
- The valid codes and names of up to eight colleges to which you would like the scores sent (include city and state/province). You can request up to eight priority reports per day to be delivered only to institutions within the U.S. (you cannot order regular reports by phone).
- Code Name, City, and State/Territory/Province
- You must provide valid information for the credit card you are using.
- Card number
- Expiration date (month/year)
- Card holder name
- Security Code
If you are requesting copies of reports for your high school, uncoded recipients, or personal use, you will need to provide:
- Name of the recipient
- Street address, city, state/territory/province, and ZIP/postal code
Tips for Sending Your Scores
Help us get your information where it needs to go.
The following tips will help your process go smoothly:
- Use valid ACT codes only. If the recipient college has more than one campus, you must indicate the campus where you want your scores sent by city and state. The College Code List and the Congressional Code List are available online to provide you with the most updated information.
- Avoid delays by avoiding mistakes when you provide your personal information (name, date of birth, etc.), as well as your ACT ID from your score report with the month and year when you took the test.
- We report ONLY the scores from the test date you designate, not any other test scores. This ensures that you direct the reporting of your scores.
- Reports you request will include the ACT ID currently on your record. You can request a correction to the identifying information on records for test dates after September 1, 2015.
- If you tested more than once in the same month, be sure to specify the test location you want reported (for example, National, State, International).
- We can send your report only to the office designated by the college or agency, not to any other individual or office.