ACT Test Scores: Sending Your Scores
ACT Superscoring is Now Available!
ACT will now provide an automatically calculated ACT Superscore to all students who have taken the ACT more than once from September 2016 to current day. Log in to MyACT to view and send scores.
Sending Your Scores
We get it—things change. While we still automatically send your scores from the ACT test to the places you requested when you registered (including both your high school and college score recipients), something may have changed since then. Maybe you’ve got your eye on a new college, have a chance at an unexpected scholarship, or accidentally left off the university you toured last semester.
You can have your ACT scores sent to other colleges and scholarship agencies, even after you test.
Requests are processed after your tests have been scored and all scores for your test option—the ACT or the ACT with writing—are ready. If the score is available to be sent, it is usually sent the same day.
What Scores Can Be Sent
In order to send a superscore you must have scores from at least two test events.
Your superscore is made up from your best individual scores to create the best overall composite score. When institutions receive your superscore they not only receive those scores, but also scores from your highest test event, as well as the events that make up that overall
Scores from September 2016 and later are valid to be superscored.
Scores from a Test Event
Want to make sure a college has a specific score? You can still send scores from a specific test event.
Who I Can Send Scores To
Colleges and Scholarship Agencies
You can currently send scores from test events from September 2011 to current, as well as an available superscore. Scores are delivered to valid college code recipients available to colleges and scholarship agencies.
Please note that writing scores prior to September 2016 are currently unavailable to be sent to score recipients.
Scores from September 2018 to current are available to be sent to a high school as an additional score report. If your superscore is from these dates, you may also request to send your superscore. Scores are delivered online through ACT’s online reporting
Create or sign in to your MyACT account and request to send reports from your scores dashboard, and pay by credit card.
- $18.00 per test date per report
- If you are sending scores from before 9/1/2020, scores are subject to an additional $30.00 archive fee which applies per test date, per order.
- Currently, you may not request a personal copy of your score report.
- If you created your ACT account originally prior to September 2011, only scores from events you registered for in MyACT will be available.
- Use valid ACT codes only. The College Code List and the Congressional Code List are available online to provide you with the most updated information. We can send your report only to the office designated by the college or agency, not to any other individual or office.
- Reports you request will include the ACT ID currently on your record. You can only request a correction to the identifying information on records for test dates after September 1, 2020.
- The nonrefundable Archive fee is in place to cover the additional cost of searching and accessing databases to retrieve and send an archived score.
- For sending a Superscore: If the scores are the same (eg. your highest subject level mathematics scores across multiple tests are equal) then the most recent will be chosen for sending your superscore.
- For sending a Superscore: ACT does not compare your reporting categories when selecting the best score. If you want to send a specific score and its associated reporting category, you’ll want to send a report from an individual test event.