Examinees Who Are Homeschooled or Are Not Currently Enrolled
How to Make an Accommodations Request
- Create or log in to an existing account and register to test. You will be asked to indicate your accessibility needs. If you are unsure what options you need to select:
- Select "Yes, Accommodations/Supports Needed"
- Then select "I can do all of those" to choose a national test center and test date
- You will automatically receive an email that will provide a link to the application for your request. If you do not receive an email, contact ACT by using the ACT contact form.
- Submit your electronic request with all required documentation by the late registration deadline.
Required Documentation for Your Accommodations Request
You will need the following items:
- Completed Exceptions Statement (PDF)
- Diagnostic documentation and/or English language proficiency scores
- Documentation to substantiate your need for accommodation, such as:
- Prior IEP, 504 plan, or educational plan
- Recommendation for test accommodations and/or supports from diagnosing professional including rationale for each requested item
- Brief personal statement regarding any previously provided accommodation and/or EL supports in an educational environment, and a rationale for the current request