Current ACT Fees and Services
All fees are nonrefundable unless otherwise noted.
ACT (no writing)
Includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four colleges (if codes are provided when you register).
ACT with writing
Includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four colleges (if codes are provided when you register). The $16.50 writing test fee is refundable on written request if you are absent on test day or switch to ACT (no writing) before testing begins.
Additional Registration Fees and Services
Add to your test fee (except for Test Center Change).
Testing outside of the U.S., Canada, or U.S. territories requires an additional fee:
Score reports for 5th and 6th college choices
$13.00 (price is for each)
Request online before the test date. Refundable on written request if you do not test.
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., central time, Monday through Friday.
What you need to know:
- There is an additional fee for this service.
- To register by phone, you must have previously registered for a national test date or have already received a score report from State and District, Special, Arranged, or DANTES testing.
- Plan ahead when re-registering by phone. You can expect longer than average wait times during registration deadline weeks. The earlier you register, the more likely you are to secure your preferred test date and test center.
- If you re-register by phone, you can print your admission ticket from the Web if you have a student Web account.
- If you owe any fees on your account, you will need to pay your balance due before submitting your new registration.
Late registration (US or Canada only)
Registration or test date change made during the late period for a national test date.
Refunded if you are denied admission to the test center on test day or registration was cancelled due to no photo provided. More about standby testing.
Test date change
For different date only if absent or unable to test on the original date or if registration is cancelled for failure to meet ACT test security requirements. You must pay the basic registration fee for the new test date plus the test date change fee. If you request a date change after the regular deadline for the new date, you must also pay the late registration fee. Your basic registration fee for the original test date will be refunded. How can I make changes to my registration?
Test center change (same test date)
Viewing scores and score report online
Test Information Release (TIR)
If you are testing on a national test date and can't afford the registration fee for the ACT or ACT with writing, you may be eligible for an ACT Fee Waiver. Information about the eligibility requirements and how to request a fee waiver is sent each summer to high schools. You should work with your local high school to determine your eligibility.
You must meet all of the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in high school in the 11th or 12th grade.
- Either a United States citizen or testing in the US, US territories, or Puerto Rico.
- Meet one or more indicators of economic need listed on the ACT Fee Waiver form.
If you are eligible, you may use a maximum of two separate fee waivers total. The waiver is used once you register, even if you do not test on the requested test date. IMPORTANT: To take full advantage of the waiver, you must follow through and test on your registered test date.
Fee waivers cover only the basic registration fee for your test option on a national test date, including up to four college choices (if you provide valid codes when you register). Waivers do not cover the late registration fee, test date or test center changes, standby fee, additional score reports, or any other services.
You cannot request a fee waiver directly from ACT; you must contact your high school counselor. If you receive an ACT Fee Waiver Form, follow the "Student Directions" on it for your registration method (or if requesting Special Testing). Note: If you register online, and register during the late period or request any additional services, you must enter a credit card to pay those fees before submitting your registration.
Some states offer vouchers to select student populations to cover all or portions of the registration fee for the ACT. The vouchers are distributed through the schools. Check with your school’s counselor or test coordinator to see if you will receive one.
The following procedures apply:
- The voucher covers reports to your high school and up to four colleges (if you provide valid codes when you register).
- This voucher may not be used to pay any of the following fees: the late registration fee, additional college choices, other services, test date or test center changes, or the standby fee.
- You may submit a voucher for only one test date.
- The voucher is used once you register or request standby testing even if you do not test on the requested test date.
- If registering on the web, enter the serial number from the top-right corner of the voucher on the payment screen, and then follow the directions on the screen to “apply” the voucher to validate it. (If you select any additional services or register during the late period, enter a credit card to pay those additional fees.) You must click “Submit” to complete your registration.
- If registering by mail, enter the serial number from the top-right corner of the voucher in Block W of the registration folder. You must return the completed and signed voucher with your completed registration folder.
- If requesting Special Testing, return the completed and signed voucher with your completed Request for ACT Special Testing.
If you have more questions about billing, specifically, please use this form to get in touch.