PreACT Communication Toolkit
Communication Tools for Offering the PreACT at School
Your district or school offers PreACT® Assessments during the school day. How do you announce, promote, and give free student resources leading up to the testing date? Use the links below to download shareables to plug into your communication channels.
PreACT school testing will be on [insert test date]. Your ACT score will help show what you have learned and make your college application stand out from the crowd.
A Prebuilt Campaign Checklist for School Day Testing
A suggested timeline with tactics aligned to links and resources above.
Four Months Out:
- Post the date on your school website with links to student resources
- Send Emails/Letters to students and families (copy available above)
- Announce the date in your school newsletter
- Post a “Save the Date” on social and in-school signage
Three Months Out
- Introduce free testing resources for students
- Invite students to My Journey Events
- Free Test Prep
- Test Taking Tips
- College Planning Guide
Two Months Out
- Link to the library of articles and resources for college and career readiness
- Put posters up around the school
- Use social posts to promote the date
One Month Out
- Math test tips
- English test tips
- Science test tips
- Reading test tips
- Boost Confidence
- Get Students in the Mindset
- Week-of and Night-Before Posts for Preparation
- Welcome and Encouragement Messages on school monitors
- Have a College and Career Readiness Day Kickoff
- Consider a community partner to provide a meal or snacks
- Reminder about Opt-in benefits
- Announce timeline for results and how to view them
- Teach students how to understand their score report
- Download the PreACT Recognition Toolkit and celebrate student achievement
Faculty and Staff PreACT Resources
At a Glance
Four Months Out - Announce the PreACT Assessment date.
Three Months Out - Introduce free testing resources for students.
Two Months Out - Build excitement and reinforce the value of participating.
One Month Out - Last-minute tips and tricks.
Test Day - Provide a welcoming environment.
Post-Test - Celebrate and find insights in results
Resources - Tools for faculty and staff